sunset harvest

Monday, October 10, 2011

Who doesn't love a little Paula Deen?

What is this?! This is amazing and comes together so fast and then cooks in your crock pot for about 3-4 hours. So in no time you have an amazing dessert for your family or even to entertain with. My sister in law, Kim, made this one day at my in laws and I was so impressed. That has been a few years and I finally made it for my family while I was them in Indiana. The ingredients are simple and the results are amazing!

Simple ingredients and most of them you probably already have on hand!

Right before I put the lid on. No, it is not burnt, it hasn't even started to cook yet, this is the sugar/cinnamon sprinkled on top. It just adds so much flavor. How can it not?!!

Slow Berry Cobbler
from Paula Deen


1 (10 oz) Bag Frozen Strawberries
1 (10 oz) Bag Frozen Blueberries
1 (10 oz) Bag Frozen Raspberries
Or~
I used a large bag of strawberries then a 10 oz bag of mixed berry
Mix fruit in large bowl and add
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of baking mix
Stir together and place in a lightly sprayed crock pot.
For topping mix together the following:
2 1/4 cup baking mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 TBLS. melted butter
With your hands drop bits of the dough over the fruit.
Mix together 1/4 cup sugar with 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Oberweis milk is the best!! I love that you can use the frozen fruit in this as it is easy to have on hand and this all goes together nicely...can just imagine how wonderful it all smells as it is cooking. Win, win, win, win!

    ReplyDelete