sunset harvest

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oreo Pops

I have yet to make the ever popular cake pops. The version below from Jamie Cooks it up, just requires a package of Oreos and cream cheese...easy. No baking required! 
Start by mixing in a blender, softened cream cheese and 1 package of Oreo cookies. I used the golden oreos, but I am sure the chocolate Oreo's would taste just as good. Mix until combined and place in a container and freeze for about 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and roll into balls, place a sucker stick in each rolled ball and then place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Stick them back in the freezer till firm, about 20 minutes. Follow the package directions for the candy melts and mix till smooth. Dip the oreo ball in and swirl around, tapping off the excess back into the bowl. I put sprinkles on some of them, others I tried to swirl the alternate color around it. 
I stuck them in a tissue covered piece of foam for our recent fish fry. Some of the guest swore they were just dipped marshmallows, however taking a bite they were hopefully pleasantly surprised! 



1 comment:

  1. They were sooooo good at the fish fry and even one or two made it back to Tucson for Betsy to enjoy...of course, being my daughter....she loved them. Thanks Amy...you are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete