sunset harvest

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Busy Morning Cinnamon Rolls

I love when a meal or dish brings back a memory or a story. And these Cinnamon rolls prove that even the simplest and easiest dish can come with a story. I remember this particular story like it was yesterday, however I was actually in about 3rd grade, so doing the math, that was many many years ago. We were visiting my Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathy one weekend and my aunt made these Cinnamon rolls. Uncle Bob was at church and by the time he returned home, there was maybe one roll left. It was at that moment that I saw a side of my uncle that I will never be able to forget. It was at that moment I realized that throwing a tantrum was not something only small children do. Uncle Bob threw his fit and we all watched as he was unraveling in front of us. To this day my sister and I still bring that day up. He is still bitter about it. You would think that Aunt Kathy spent all night on these rolls, but that's the beauty of these rolls, they are simple and quick! My favorite cinnamon rolls take a little more time, so when I want something fast and easy these rolls are at the top of my list!
Cinnamon, sugar, butter and a can of crescent rolls, that's all you need for these rolls. Start by unrolling rolls and take two crescent rolls and press together at the seams. Spread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. 

Starting at the short end, roll and place seam side down on a cutting board. I was able to slice the roll into five Cinnamon rolls. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place in a preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. 
For the icing, it's one of those "eyeball the amounts" kind of icing. Starting with a couple tablespoons of powdered sugar, stir in a tablespoon of milk and whisk. Add more milk or powdered sugar to reach your desired consistency. Pour icing over the rolls and serve! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Bob will never live that down! And i love your serving platter!

    ReplyDelete