sunset harvest

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken

Thank you Pinterest! I saw this the other day and immediately wanted to make it for dinner. I was unsure how the family would react to the Cilantro flavor, however they didn't seem to mind at all. I was of course hoping to have some left over chicken to have the next day for lunch, but not this time around. This chicken was very flavorful and I will be making this again! I made this marinade first thing in the morning, I think chicken does better the longer it sits in the marinade. This marinade made plenty for 3 chicken breast, and next time I will add a few more chicken breast to the marinade. I think this chicken would taste great the next day!
In the bottom of a baking dish, or whatever you typically use to marinade your meat in, place the soy sauce, oil, honey, garlic, and lime juice and stir to combine. Cut the chicken into large chunks and place into marinade. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, cover and refrigerate.
After a couple hours, stir the chicken to make sure every piece has time in the marinade. When you are ready, thread chicken onto skewers, I used wooden ones and soaked them in water for about 20 minutes prior to placing the chicken on them. Grill for 6-7 minutes on each side till cooked through. Prior to serving sprinkle on some more cilantro and squeeze more lime juice over the top if desired. Not knowing how Doug and the kids would react, I only added the extra cilantro and lime juice to my chicken. Everyone enjoyed this dinner, I served a side salad and rice alongside and had the perfect meal!

Add Image
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken

3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks

Mix together;
6 TBLS soy sauce
4 TBLS honey
2 TBLS vegetable oil, I use Canola
Juice of 1 Lime
2 tsp. minced garlic

Add in chicken and top with chopped cilantro. Marinade for 4-6 hours, turning once to coat.
Grill the chicken on bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water prior to placing the chicken on them. Serve with lime wedges and additional cilantro to sprinkle on top.

2 comments:

  1. Great recipes. I love Cilantro! Have you ever tried it in tuna salad? I had a bunch and didn't want to waste so I added diced cucumber, onion and cilantro to my normal tuna salad then topped sandwiches with sliced avacado and tomato. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and we love food on a stick! I have to sub parsley for the cilantro as I have that thing where cilantro tastes like soap...it's not uncommon so I just sub the parsley and I'm good. Looks great...love Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete