sunset harvest

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dinner TONIGHT!

I have made two amazing dinners the last two nights and really couldn't decide which one to post first, so I will just go in the order I made them. Up first, Pizza Balls! These things were amazing! I was going to just make some calzones but then went a step further and just sealed up the bottoms and made them into rolled dough balls! They were delicious, and easy to eat as well! I think this would be an ideal meal for the nights when there are too many ball games or practices to invest a lot of time into dinner. I think you could even make them up a head of time and then place them in the fridge till it was time to throw them in the oven. We stuck to the simple pepperoni and sausage, if I didn't have the picky eaters in the house I would have maybe branched out a bit more.
Starting at the very beginning, make sure you cook your sausage, I know, sounds basic, but you never know. I then sliced the pepperoni into slices, more bite size. I strongly dislike when you take a bite of pizza and the whole piece of pepperoni comes off with all the rest of the toppings attached! Roll the pizza dough out onto a clean, lightly floured surface and then using a pizza cutter, slice into squares. I got 12 squares out of one piece of dough. Making this next time I think I would double and do another roll of dough, we had 2 leftover but they tasted just as good the next day. Place the toppings on top of the squares, and then fold up sides and shape into ball.
Place seamed side down in a greased baking dish, I used a pie dish. Then I melted some butter and added some Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and brushed on top of the pizza balls, and then sprinkled grated Parmesan on the top. While they are baking, warm up some pizza sauce to serve on the side for dipping sauce.
I need practice in making them all uniform size, but these were enjoyed by everyone regardless!
Pizza Rolls

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1 can refrigerated pizza dough
assorted toppings, pepperoni, sausage, cheese
2 TBLS butter
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
Grated Parmesan cheese
Jar of pizza sauce

Roll out dough and using pizza cutter, slice into 12 squares. Place toppings on center and fold up side press together to seal and place seam side down in a greased baking dish (pie pan). Melt butter and add Italian seasoning and garlic powder, mix to combine and brush over dough. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over entire dish. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Warm sauce to serve on the side to dip the rolls into.

No comments:

Post a Comment