sunset harvest

Friday, November 18, 2011

Tuxedo Cake

Time is flying by...I have lots of recipes to share...just as soon as I have some time! Grace is turning five in a week and I am in denial she could be this old! We have been busy and trying to deal with it being dark by 5:30. This is definitely not my favorite time of the year! I will get busy trying to share some new dinner ideas but wanted to share my first tuxedo cake...the challenge was made and I hopefully delivered on this one! I didn't take any pictures of the process, I was too concerned with the cake turning out OK the entire time!
It has three chocolate cake layers with a whipped cream filling between each cake and then frosted with the same frosting all around. A chocolate glaze is then poured all over the top and drips down the side allowing some of the white to still show through.





1 comment:

  1. This is really a stunning looking cake...who wouldn't love to have this presented to them? (Okay, I would scrape off the chocolate on my piece, but it looks pretty drizzled on the cake!) Very nice job on this.

    ReplyDelete