sunset harvest

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Baked Crispy Chicken

This is a MUST make. I found this on Jamie Cook's it Up, and have been wanting to try it for awhile. Even my "Anti any type of sauce or dip" husband loved it and actually liked the sauce on top. Grace had two helpings and said it was the best chicken she has ever had. I don't know if I would go that far, but it was definitely one of the best. Thought I would have some left over for lunch, but not a chance!
It is always nice to find a new way to do chicken. I actually had a few other recipes to put up that didn't involve chicken but thought this was too good not to share right away! Begin by taking 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers and putting them in a small food processor, pulse till crumbly. I had a hard time keeping little and big fingers away from the crackers before I got them into the food processor. (That was possibly the hardest part of the meal) Next line up three bowls or shallow pie dishes would work nicely as well. Pour milk in one, cheese in the next one, and then the bread crumbs in the last bowl. Add salt and pepper to the bread crumbs to season.
Line the bowls up in that order, milk, cheese, crumbs. I began with 3 boneless skinless chicken breast and cut them into 3 pieces. Begin dipping! Place in a 9x13 greased baking dish as you go along. Once finished, cover tightly with foil and place in preheated 400 degree oven. After 35 minutes remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes till chicken is crispy. The last 10 minutes of baking time begin the sauce. Add once can of cream of chicken soup to a small saucepan along with sour cream and butter. Cook and stir often till all are incorporated. Remove chicken, plate it and top with sauce.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken
adapted from Jamie Cooks it up

3-4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 Sleeves of Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 TBLS. sour cream
2 TBLS. butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pulse bread crumbs in food processor. Place milk in bowl, followed by cheese, and then add crackers to final bowl. Cut each chicken breast up into three pieces. Grease 9x13 baking dish and begin assembly. Dip chicken and coat in milk, then cheese, finally the crackers and place in baking dish. Cover dish with foil and place in oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes, to brown and crisp the chicken. While chicken cooks place soup, sour cream, and butter in smalls saucepan, cook over medium heat and stir till hot. Remove chicken and top with sauce. Optional: Sprinkle dried parsley flakes over the top.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious...you have such pretty bowls to dredge everything in, just fun to see all that in the photos. Marking this one to try, it is slightly different than the one I use that uses Panko instead of crackers...I bet those crackers would give it a nice flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- I made this tonight and it was a HUGE hit!!!!!!! It will definately be on Doug's "please make this for dinner" request list. I can't wait to try another soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could cook this dish. I am so not a chef and I wish My Mom lived long enough to really train me properly. Maybe I have to come up and you can train me how to cook. Have a happy New Year and loved Grace and Jack at Christmas. They really brought me many good times.

    ReplyDelete