sunset harvest

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Strawberry Dessert

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post, oops. I have a sweet dessert that is sure to impress anyone. I made these for book club as well, and they were delicious. I thought that the added brownie would be too much, but it was perfect. With Strawberries in season this is another recipe to throw in your rotation, and it is a very very easy dessert! The brownies can be made up ahead of time, which is what you need to start with. Cut the brownies up into tiny bite size squares. Dice up some fresh strawberries and then make the cream filling! 
Heavy whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar! EASY! Just pour whipping cream in large bowl and using an electric mixer, begin beating the cream, add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat till it reaches desired consistency. Be careful not to over beat, but make it thick enough to spoon into dessert cups. I just used small plastic cups and they worked out perfectly! 
Begin assembly by placing some of the brownies in a cup, followed by the cream, strawberries, and then repeat. Serve and watch everyone scrape every last bit out of their dessert cup! This was enough for about 12-14 cups, so you could adjust to whatever quantities you need. I have had strawberries in my fridge off and on and when we make brownies I have made this dessert for me and the kids, so it is very easy to adjust the quantities! 
I had these on the table for book club right by the Spinach Artichoke dip..Recipe Coming Soon!


Strawberry Chocolate Dessert
adapted from Bakingdom

1 pan brownies, prepared, cooled and cut into bit size squares
2 pints strawberries, diced

For the cream;
2 Cups Heavy whipping cream
4 TBLS powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Beat heavy cream with mixer and add in powdered sugar and vanilla, continue to beat till desired consistency is reached.

Layer in small dessert cups and serve!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...we are making our own whipped cream...see, that's easy, right? Don't worry...we will get you yet...it's only a matter of time until I have you baking your own bread. Dan Lepard's Milk Loaf is the way to begin...oh, yeah. This dessert looks really good...no wonder it was a hit! So pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete